Alkhalij Cement Company values its personnel as our most important asset. Therefore, we are committed to developing a culture of awareness and responsibility for the protection of the health, safety and welfare of our personnel. Part of this commitment is striving towards achieving OHSAS 18001 certification for our health and safety management system.
Our ambition is to achieve excellent operating performance with no zero harm based on the following guiding principles:
- work in cooperation with the legislative authorities in Qatar, in order to meet the requirements of Qatar Labour Law, International Law and industry best practice
- provide a safe place of work for all personnel
- instill a culture of mutual respect in which each person is aware of and helps to protect the health and safety of their colleagues
- continuously monitor and measure all processes and activities for which potential health and safety hazards exist
- work to develop, and continuously improve, robust policies and procedures to control all identified hazards
- ensure that all personnel are aware of the potential hazards to which they may be exposed and the measures required to control those hazards
- provide suitable instruction, training and supervision related to the tasks performed, the hazards identified and the working environment.